Nothing is more frustrating than not having enough people to work for your cleaning company. Lack of employment can lead to several problems. It will bring your time efficiency down. It will take longer to clean for a client so you can’t take on that many jobs. You may have to even turn away clients due to overbooking. That will have a negative impact on your company’s reputation. When hiring a new employee for your cleaning company, here are some tips to help you through the process.
- Hire people who like to clean but also have experience. Hiring someone with no experience who is need of a paycheck, only promotes a high employee turnover.
- Hire people who have been previously employed for more than a year. Otherwise, there is more of a chance that they will leave after you have invested time and money with training.
- Don’t forget to require drug testing & background checks, and be sure to let people know that this is part of your hiring process when you post a job. People who don’t qualify won’t apply.
- Pay a fair wage and gradually progress to higher wages in 90 days based on reasonable expectations outlined in writing.
- If you can’t offer health insurance right now, try to offer other bonuses or incentives.
- Provide free uniforms to be returned upon exiting employment in reusable condition.
- Training is important. If everyone cleans the same way, it will make the workflow more efficient.
- Team Meetings are key to a positive work environment. This shows you care about your employees enough to check in with them from time to time, give some motivational tips, keep them updated on news, and so forth.
- Don’t hire on the spot. It tells the individual you need them more than they need you.
- Onboarding: Have a training plan in place to bring on new employees. Don’t have them clean their first day. It can make you seem desperate and may lead to high turnover. It can also stress out the new employee by being thrown right into work on their first day. It may make them not want to come back. Let them get on their feet and ease them into the training process.
Finding the right person for the job isn’t always easy. These tips should help with your hiring as well as your training process when bringing on a new employee. For more information on what our hiring process is like or if you are interested in joining our team, you can view it here at https://www.greenup2cleanup.com/Employment-Opportunities/